3 tbsp flaxseed meal
1/2 cup water
1 tsp olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 carrots, diced
2-3 celery stalks, diced
2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup oat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp pepper
4 tbsp hot sauce (divided)
1/2 cup + 1 tsp blue cheese crumbles (divided)
2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- In a small bowl, mix 3 tbsp flax seed meal with 1/2 cup water and place in refrigerator.
- Saute onion, carrots, and celery in 1 tsp olive oil over medium-high heat until soft. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Blend one can of chickpeas in a food processor until smooth. Add to the bowl with the vegetables.
- Add oats, oat flour, 3 tbsp of hot sauce, 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles, garlic powder, pepper, the other can of chickpeas, and the flaxseed meal from the refrigerator to the bowl with the vegetables/blended chickpeas. Mix together and press evenly into a loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes.
- While the loaf is baking, stir together greek yogurt, remaining 1 tbsp hot sauce, and remaining 1 tsp blue cheese in a small bowl.
- Top cooled loaf with the greek yogurt sauce. Slice loaf and enjoy!
*If you don’t care for blue cheese, you could probably sub feta, or another dry, crumbly cheese with good results. You could also omit the cheese completely.